Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I caught a cold! Running a slight fever right now :( Chest pains yesterday night and stamina was really lousy when I went jogging. My body system is really breaking down :( ah choo!

Nevertheless to forsake 15 minutes of my very important sleeping hours, I would love to share with all of you my wonderful experience at prayer meeting today! Am really really thankful to God! :D

Prayer meeting was really good because the Lord has once again affirmed me of my serving to Him as a dancer. For the past few weeks, I have been doubting about this serving position. Many a times as the dancers enter into a time of warfare dance, I am left at the congregation clueless and at the same time afraid to step out which I always end up in tears. But it was different today :)

I was submitting to God about this fear at the start of the prayer meeting and as we worshipped, Rev Chern called for dancers to the front to dance. I was hesitating whether should I go to the back to see if I will hold up some flags but Joann (my dance leader) told us, only if you have the calling, pick up the banner and go to the front, if not, stay here and pray. And of course, I belonged to the latter.

I had a great time of worshipping and confessing some sin that has been entangling my life. I realised I had to forgive some people and I prayed and ask God to give me strength to forgive and not allow it to have any opportunities for the evil one to get through. Next, I prayed about my serving as a dancer and this was my prayer,

"God, I pray that You will continue to mould me as a dancer. Lord, my desire as a dancer for You is to simply worship you to glorify Your name and to impact the congregation. I pray that You will make my heart desire right on track whenever I dance for you, for one purpose, that is, to glorify Your name. Lord, take away all negative thinkings and prepare my heart. I know when I am ready, You will prepare a banner for me to dance for You."

This was my prayer but after awhile, negative thoughts came again and immediately I prayed and asked God to help me out. And indeed, I felt much better after that and am not a bit affected by it! Ange (my prayer buddy) prayed for me and told me that I will forever be a dancer for God and do not doubt! I was so encouraged by that :) I continue to worship God and worship is coming to an end and I was thinking to myself,

"God, worship is gonna end soon. But it's okay, there's other times where I can dance for You, when I am ready."

And suddenly, Susan told me that Joann is requesting for the younger ones to go to the front. Dance ministry's younger ones could only be Jia, Ruixue or me. So I went up to the front, not knowing what to do, but keep submitting to the Lord.

And suddenly (yes again, because really very "suddenly"), Joann came down from the stage and passed me the fire banner and asked me up on stage! I was like (!)! I grabbed the flag and hop on to the stage! :) And to realise, Joann's younger ones means the Sunday School dancers.

Some little dancers followed their parents for prayer meeting and Joann led them to dance during the warfare. They were all right in front of me and as I dance with the fire banner, I prayed for my little ones that despite at such a young age, they would feel the passion to dance for God and be fired up for Jesus :)

It was a wonderful experience and a beautiful sight to see children coming to the front to dance for God! God has been using people around me to encourage me about my service to God as a dancer at my very vulnerable stage in the ministy. I'm glad I didn't give up and asked God for the right mindset/desire at the end.

Thank You Lord for giving me an awesome time to dance for You :)

No comments: