This verse really materialized in my life this week. The Lord has been so ever faithful in answering my prayers and sending angels around to bless my life.
The JOY of praying
God always answers my prayer at the most unexpected moment.
So here's my answered prayer that I've mentioned in the earlier entry: Farm Visit! =)
The place is beautiful! I love such places. The animals were quite scary though and I heard from the keeper that some birds (e.g. parrot) actually escaped! Maybe that's the reason why 2M02 saw a beautiful dead bird outside LT27 before our FAOM lecture. I was in charged of the goat station and some children were really naughty (e.g. bullying the goat). Nonetheless, I had a great time with them teaching and feeding the goat. =) Oh and this little girl here:
She calls me "di zer" (teacher) and end her conversations with hor? or lah!
"Look at the camera and smile" and she really tried her best. By the way, the reason why she's frowning is not because of me but because of the glaring sun!
Another answered prayer: I had lunch with Nainai! =)

I was on my way to Yeye's nursing home on Saturday and I missed the bus! When I looked over to the other side, I saw Nainai, who have just missed the bus too! I realised the prayer I made a week ago:
The JOY of giving
I really thank God for giving me the opportunity to shepherd sec 4/5 cell for it has brought me so much joy in my life and taught me the joy of giving and serving the Lord. The lovely cell celebrated my birthday on Saturday morning with Sarah's breakfast treat (may the Lord bless you more sis!) Thank you all for the birthday wishes, it has touched my heart to see that I've been a blessing in one way or another. =)

It has always been my prayer to see God working in the lives of the younger girls in church. Sometimes it may seem impossible but many a times I was reminded of how God has changed my life. I thank God for using me to help Nellis with her walk with God by teaching her things from the bible that she do not understand. =) I am sure she has learned a lot from the Lord recently, right Nellis? By the way she loves to take pictures:


Thanks little sis. Your growth in Christ has encouraged me. =)
And yes! I had a good date with Shumin at Chomps and Ice Cube. She treated me to dinner and I treated her to yummy ice cream and banana mudpie (its awesome!) at Ice Cube! We had a good catch up session about our life and her Batam mission trip over the weekend!



Our friendship is really special in some ways. Thank God for you Shumin! =)
"Look at the camera and smile" and she really tried her best. By the way, the reason why she's frowning is not because of me but because of the glaring sun!
Another answered prayer: I had lunch with Nainai! =)
I was on my way to Yeye's nursing home on Saturday and I missed the bus! When I looked over to the other side, I saw Nainai, who have just missed the bus too! I realised the prayer I made a week ago:
Dear Lord, I would like to have lunch with Nainai on my birthday.
"...I prayed to God that we'll become really good friends. As I recall this prayer that I've made, I thank God for answering my prayer!" I made this prayer in my heart too! It's great to journey with the Lord with Jia as we grow together in Christ's love in youth and dance ministry. I thank God for the many honest sharing we had! =) So before visiting Yeye, I brought her to lunch and celebrated her birthday for her. Nainai told me that she seldom visit Yeye at this hour but decided to do so today. It's really a God planned lunch I believe. I'm so happy I could meet Nainai and treat her to lunch. As I shared my good results with her, I could see that she's proud of me. =) After that, we (my family) and Nainai visited Yeye at the nursing home together to encourage him. He's looking good. Praise God for sustaining him! =)
The JOY with loved ones
I thank the Lord for blessing me with people in my life who loves me.
Mummy knew I love donuts and attempted to bake some for me:

It's a pleasant surprise for me! =) She wanted to perfect it and make 18 donuts on my birthday because I told her I don't like to eat cakes.
Jie brought me to highlight my hair as a birthday gift for me by giving me a nice look on my 18th birthday and Laksa paid 1/2 of my Hongkong trip for me!
Jie and Laksa planned a surprise birthday party for me on Fri held at Luke's condo:



They took time to plan and decorate the place for me with beautiful balloons at the function room. They invited my friends to surprise me too. That's really sweet of them for all the effort and time and money spent. I was really happy that night! =) I'll update pictures when I load it up from the camera. Thank you to all who made it possible and enjoyable.
I want to thank the Lord for placing these 2 very lovely friends in my life who is always always there when I needed them.
Michelle Tan:

"Its great having a good friend like you who encourages me, share your thanksgiving and not forgetting some personal stuff." Michelle, I thank God for you too! You've been a huge blessing.
My dearest Jia:

The JOY with loved ones
I thank the Lord for blessing me with people in my life who loves me.
Mummy knew I love donuts and attempted to bake some for me:
It's a pleasant surprise for me! =) She wanted to perfect it and make 18 donuts on my birthday because I told her I don't like to eat cakes.
Jie brought me to highlight my hair as a birthday gift for me by giving me a nice look on my 18th birthday and Laksa paid 1/2 of my Hongkong trip for me!
Jie and Laksa planned a surprise birthday party for me on Fri held at Luke's condo:


They took time to plan and decorate the place for me with beautiful balloons at the function room. They invited my friends to surprise me too. That's really sweet of them for all the effort and time and money spent. I was really happy that night! =) I'll update pictures when I load it up from the camera. Thank you to all who made it possible and enjoyable.
I want to thank the Lord for placing these 2 very lovely friends in my life who is always always there when I needed them.
Michelle Tan:
"Its great having a good friend like you who encourages me, share your thanksgiving and not forgetting some personal stuff." Michelle, I thank God for you too! You've been a huge blessing.
My dearest Jia:

The JOY of giving
I really thank God for giving me the opportunity to shepherd sec 4/5 cell for it has brought me so much joy in my life and taught me the joy of giving and serving the Lord. The lovely cell celebrated my birthday on Saturday morning with Sarah's breakfast treat (may the Lord bless you more sis!) Thank you all for the birthday wishes, it has touched my heart to see that I've been a blessing in one way or another. =)

It has always been my prayer to see God working in the lives of the younger girls in church. Sometimes it may seem impossible but many a times I was reminded of how God has changed my life. I thank God for using me to help Nellis with her walk with God by teaching her things from the bible that she do not understand. =) I am sure she has learned a lot from the Lord recently, right Nellis? By the way she loves to take pictures:
Thanks little sis. Your growth in Christ has encouraged me. =)
And yes! I had a good date with Shumin at Chomps and Ice Cube. She treated me to dinner and I treated her to yummy ice cream and banana mudpie (its awesome!) at Ice Cube! We had a good catch up session about our life and her Batam mission trip over the weekend!
Our friendship is really special in some ways. Thank God for you Shumin! =)
I would like to end this long entry with Psalm 23:
1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,3 he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.4 Even though I walk
through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.5 You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.6 Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the LORD
forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment