Sunday, October 21, 2007

Faithful God, teach me to trust You like never before

I drew this on Saturday afternoon:

I was feeling really really down. I felt so tired of everything and feeling really discouraged in my heart. I wanted to make full use of my Saturday afternoon (because I wasn't in church) but I just can't get myself to do anything properly other than doing nothing. (I am actually doing it, doing nothing!) It was terrible.

I was watching a show while Mummy came back from Giant (she bought lots of fruits!) so I chatted with her awhile and told her that I did nothing for the day despite all the plans. It was then, this thought came to my mind that I should pray and submit everything unto Him and it was also then, Jimmy messaged me this verse, Cast all your anxieties on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7.

I washed up, changed into a fresh set of clothes and typed a prayer in Notepad before listing the things that I want to do. And guess how much I did? =)
1. Tidied my desk
2. Changed my bedsheets (though I don't sleep in my room)
3. Swept and mopped the floor
4. Sent an email to RYM for sec4/5 cell
5. Did Quiet Time (which spoke to me so clearly!) =)

Woah I'm in awe of how God can work through me (even in such simple things) as I come before Him first. I felt that God is teaching me that if I can't even trust Him in such simple stuff, how to trust Him to bring me through the tough times in my life? Thank you Lord, are you preparing me for the new semester? =)

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed (1 Peter 1:6-7).

No comments: