Tuesday, October 02, 2007

My 18th Birthday!

1st October this year felt like any other normal days because I celebrated my birthday on Friday. Nevertheless, the day was still special with all the birthday wishes coming in and also because of the fact that I cooked dinner for my family to thank them for planning the surprise for me! =)

First time doing grocery shopping alone:
First thing that happened at NTUC: I realised I do not have one dollar coin with me. I had to carry the basket and it was really heavy! Still, it was fun shopping for what I want to cook for dinner. I walked around in circles and realised I am back at the same place! (That repeated for 2 times!) Thank God for Seumas who came to pass me my birthday gift and helped me to carry the groceries home!

First cooking experience:
Cooking is actually pretty fun and brings about a sense of satisfaction especially when people tell you good comments for your first try! =) I'm glad to see that my family enjoyed the dinner I prepared. The dinner I've whipped up includes: Carbonara pasta, creme of chicken soup, hash brown, nuggets, fruit salad (real yum!) and butter corn in replacement of baked beans. We had some wine too! =)

On my 18th birthday, I got myself a new hobby: Cooking! =)
More to come in future, need Mummy's guidance.

No comments: