Thursday, August 30, 2007

Final Episode

Job Hunting (Final Episode)
I went down to PS The Bratwurst Shop for interview and I was really nervous! The interview was alright except the fact that I was silly to ask "Do we get to plan our own schedules?" when I actually wanted to ask "I will have the opportunity to tell you my free days right?". I went, "Oh I have a question!" and followed by "I forgot what I wanted to ask!" Oh dear.. I can't think properly when I'm nervous and when so many people are around me. Well.. did I get the job? :)

I received an SMS from Luzanne telling me that Maris Stella Primary School needs help for science enrichment classes because a lot of students signed up all of a sudden! It'd be Tuesday to Friday, 7.30am to 5pm, $8 per hour! :) I took up the offer and told Lorraine to help me tell her cousin that I will not be able to work at The Bratwurst Shop (I felt really sorry!). So yes, it's confirmed that I'll be working one whole week at Maris Stella Primary and 3 Wednesdays at Juying Primary :)

That's all?

Received a phone call from Miss Reena Ng this afternoon and she told me that she would like me to be involved in a project by Temasek Polytechnic Corporate Team during the holidays. Despite me telling her that I might not be able to make it for the briefing coming Tuesday, she still allow me to participate :) I'm sure it's gonna be a good learning journey and experience. (Marian and Estee as well!)

God has been so real to me as I job hunt this holiday. I learned to handle interviews, do up my resume and send out and ask around for job lobangs. I've also learned to place God in priority as I search for a job because most jobs (retail and F&B) are likely to clash with weekends. So many times I am tempted to just take it up but I'm glad I didn't and see how He really saw me through :) Praise the Lord! ;)

Godtube. Broadcast Him.
This is really cool! It's a Christian community where brothers and sisters in Christ get to share videos with each other all over the world :) Grabbed this from Evelyn's blog. The little girl is so cute! ;)


Surely? Surely you smiled! :D

No comments: