Hey all.. It's been awhile since a proper update.
It has been an eventful last week of my holidays and a great one week of new semester.
Youth chalet was fun. BBQ-ing with this cat hovering around our area hoping to get good food. (eh the cat had honey bbq chicken wing okay!) and had a game called Fruit of the Spirit at night. Here are some pictures for the games:
First station; Dancing with wet toilet paper as a group

Junming volunteered himself...really.

After the watermelon station :p

The night didn't end off just like that, we had bridge, signal, animal concentration (for those who suffered brain blockage because of bridge) all the way till 6 plus. Thank God that Muhua came for this chalet and he looks like he enjoyed himself lots. Yay! :)
(space)
Had Worship Symposium the next day at 12.30pm at Logos People Church. Met some YFC mates and had a small sharing with them about our church's worship. It was nice seeing people that you know in the church, esp when they're in a chinese congregation as well, it's really heartwarming because it's kinda rare. Thank God I was kinda awake during the workshop. It was a very good workshop that allows me to see worship in a different perspective :) Something that I've learned and hope to learn from it:
(space)
Take worship preparation seriously.
Note that I used the word preparation instead of practice.
(space)
This does not refer to technical skills alone. It's the heart and the attitude of the one serving. For dancers, we used to pray for each other at the start of the week, start praying for the songs and steps when we receive the songs for the week and gather together to plan our dance steps or choreography (if there is any) earlier before worship pratice. As I type this, I really felt apologetic towards God for my attitude in serving. I'm neglecting the preparation stage... Sometimes I may even forget that I am on duty :(
(space)
Even our attitude during worship practice (or debrief session), are we humble and open enough to take comments from other people? Do we give our best during worship practice?
(space)
Let's take worship practice as a real worship and give our outmost effort to serve Him! This would be a great challenge, esp after a long day at school/work. Let us trust in Him to give us strength. For the joy of the Lord is our strength! Let us cling on to His joy for it's really a privilege to be used by Him in the worship team. Be it TMM or RYMWT, let's all just give our all to the Lord Jesus Christ who loves us so much :)
(space)
There are many other things that I've learned too. When I was sharing with Laksa, he asked me a question that set me thinking... "What about dancers in the worship team?" Though I know the biblical meaning of dance in a worship but sometimes I really wonder if dance is essential in youth ministry. As in, is it helping in the worship? Are we ministering to the youths and drawing the congregation nearer to the Lord in worship? Are we just performers to the youths? I've been thinking about this...
(space)
So share with me your views RYMers! Tell me how has dancers been a blessing? Or any improvements that we can make :)
(space)
Wooo... long sharing on symposium.
(space)
Had Vision Sharing this tuesday and it's really exciting to know about the new plans that the church's gonna carry out. Many major changes in youth ministry and this really excites me because I know the Lord is gonna reach out to our needs in a different way. Time to really grow in the Lord! Below is a picture of Grace acting as Zecchaeus, the tax collector in Luke 19 during sermon a couple of weeks back. We had a really interesting sermon where we have to act out given the passage and learn from it through this engagaing way :) Something that the youth can expect in the future, heh.
Grace acting as Zecchaeus
"I'm not short okay?!"
Back to school marks the start of crusade's LMs! We had amazing race for our first LM! I'm glad that jacq, michelle and grace came, yay! :D and I met a coursemate too! Been publising for BSG events too much that he could recognise me. Well, I hope he'll join us regularly! :) It's great to see new faces in crusade! Amazing race was fun :) I'll upload the pictures once I get it!
We had our first prayer meeting in 2006 today! I invited Charles and I'm glad he enjoyed the prayer meeting and spent time with the Lord to pray during his one hour break :) I had a great time praying and worshipping the Lord. Thank God for protecting us against the authorities and gave us a rainy day to make it so cooling for us! (it was really hot in the beginning!)
Movements everywhere...
Jesus you are so good :) I can't wait for META2006!
No comments:
Post a Comment