

I love this area especially, the guys have their small group discussion here.
Pastor Daniel from Senggarang. He was sharing on receiving the Holy Spirit for session three in Behasah. I wasn't able to understand at all but I enjoyed the whole session & it's really heartwarming to see their own local pastor preaching to the youths. A bonus would be the youths' attention span for this session. All of them were so attentive. Praise God for that!
I thank the Lord for Wenqing. I just got to know her this mission trip and am really encouraged by her. She could memorise the sequence of the books in the bible through a song! Shared with her the fruit of the Spirit on our Journey to Tricola and she was open to share which area she needs to improve on. I was paired up with Karen to pray for her after the last session for Alpha camp & she was willing to be filled with the Holy Spirit! We then had a great time of singing christian songs, sharing of bible stories (yay mission training put to use) and she even shared her favourite bible story with us! Praise God for loving her and being her Saviour! :D
Some handicrafts made during a session on "What does the Holy Spirit do?" The point that Brother Weiliang wants to bring out was, the Holy Spirit moulds us to be more like Jesus.
The youths are really good at this! Far better than me... Seriously.
Our "Alpha room" in Bintan! The place where we have our sessions :) (bee invasion all the time!)
Lovely children...
I became their babysitter for awhile..
and played with them!
Chuanyan (Rach) & I; our favourite thing to do while walking back to our bunk or to the dining area. Run Jump Run Jump! Hah :D
Please don't be deceived by Mr Lim Wenqi. He's on tiptoe!
We had beach games the second day & some brothers gave me a birthday bash.. I didn't even had the chance to run! All I heard was.. "Weiliang (our photographer), are you ready?" and the next moment, I'm already in their hands..
They were singing birthday song before they throw me down. How cruel.. I hanged there for quite a while & where were my sisters?!
"Who should I hug?"
Jiaying! But she ran away from me... in the end, Yileen was "loved" by me. Hee, a really nice big sister to me during the whole trip and I love her parents so much. Esp her dad, Uncle Peter. He's so fatherly and full of love :)
God has been faithful throughout the whole trip! Here are some additional thanksgiving...
Invitation of Senggarang youths
We went back to Senggarang on Friday and did one last round of reminder. Almost all the girls didn't want to go! I was pretty disheartened then. Thank God for Yileen, she managed to persuade the parents & the girls! There's this girl whereby she was so persistent in coming despite her mum's disapproval because her mum went to the temple to pray for her safety & the turnout wasn't good. Thank God that she was able to come with us!
Xiao Yu
Xiao yu is already a christian and is willing to accept the in-filling of the Holy Spirit. On sunday morning, Pastor Seet from GMC gave a sermon on Holy Communion. Probably the way he wanted to bring out the seriousness of Holy Communion was too strong, thus many girls were afraid. Xiao yu shared with me and I explained to her & prayed for her. I told her that if she doesn't have peace in her heart it is okay not to take that day. But she took a step of faith and went forward to have her Holy Communion. I asked her how she felt and she smiled & told me that "wo you ping an" (i have peace in me) :D All glory belongs to the Lord! I'm glad that He used me in this little way to minister to her. It was really encouraging for me. Thank you Jesus!
Weather mercies
Yes I thank God for the weather! It almost rained on the first day but it didn't. I believe God was sending rain to aid the forest fire nearby. & we had a windy and cooling day instead. Praise God! :D
Heh, tt's all.. I've learnt a lot from this trip and it's through all the little sharings like on the bus with Wenqing, explaining the Holy Communion to Xiao yu, little chats with the youths here & there that touches my heart. The Lord loves them, I'm sure of it! Hee.. and the Lord loves me too! :D



No comments:
Post a Comment