Friday, June 16, 2006

I've SURVIVED. Tampines -> Potong Pasir -> Tampines -> Potong Pasir is torturous!

CIA camp was fun! Crusaders In Action! Felt quite weird in the beginning as I was really anticipating lots of people attending this camp. (TP RP and NYP) But nonetheless, it was still enjoyable and most importantly, fruitful! (Really fruitful! Read on!)

Appointed. Bear fruit. Called to action.
Key verse: John 15:16
Mass dance: Everything's changed
Theme song: Here I am

I've really learnt a lot during this camp. It has been a wonderful time catching up with God! It was one of the expectation of this camp and I acheived it. I just felt great! I guess for all these while, I have been serving God too much that sometimes I neglect spending time with Him.

I also realised that I have been leaning on my strength to live my life. There's way too many things happening in my life. Esp my studies, church commitments and my grandpa. Sometimes I just felt so tired that I feel like giving up. Visiting my grandpa to and fro at the hospital, rushing tutorials at night, sleeping late, catching up with lectures and the list goes on. I confess that in the midst of my bee life, sometimes I really never think of God. I leaned on my own strength.

The Joy of the Lord is my strength! I guess to really experience the real joy is to enjoy a intimate relationship with God and experiencing His love and grace each day. And now I know, I need to repair my relationship with the Lord. And I really look forward to the growth of my spiritual life and placing my faith in Him in my daily life. *anticipation!*

Trainings were given to us! Like how to share to christians and non christians. I've learned new methods to share! How to handle different responses and stuffs. On the first day, we were taught that we're ALL appointed! Yes, all! Second day we went thru trainings and had our Check Out. (a mini test to test on how we evangelise) Third day! Most exciting day! ACTION!

We went out with our CG to apply what we've learned the past two days. The first guy I approached is a christian and I shared with him about living a spirit filled life. And he prayed together with me! Amen! My CG was at city hall so we saw many youngsters hanging around. I wanted to approach 4 boys but I don't know why I hesitated. I guess it was fear. And finally when I plucked up my courage and wanted to approach them, Charlton appeared and asked if I need help! This really helped me a lot a lot! So we approached them, concentrated on one guy each and both of them received Christ! AMEN! I believe no matter what's their reason, God will work in their lives as they prayed the sinner prayer.

Overall it was wonderful and through this, I can understand God's love for the lost and the need for us christians to RESPOND to this call!

Total full gospel shared by the whole camp was 39 and 13 received Christ! AMEN! =D

God, you're amazing! Please teach me how to love you more each day. Instill in me this burden to want to know you deeper!

Anyway CG4 won the best group for our skit! Had lots of fun! Thanks CG4! Daniel, JC, Arlene, Jacq, Wenling and Charlton. Thanks for all the laughters and I've learned a lot from you guys during CG time!

*BSG Day was a success! Although from 80 contacts who wanted to turn up to 20 superly nice sub comm who turned up, we still had fun and great bonding time! Amber OEI!

No comments: