Friday, September 07, 2007

New mercies every morning! (Cont'd)

New mercies every morning (Cont'd)
This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us -- whatever we ask -- we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

As I reflect upon thinking of how to start this entry, this verse came to my mind. Early in the morning as usual with thanksgiving flowing from my heart for the bus though I left house really late, I prayed and asked God, "I wonder how I'm gonna be blessed today." Indeed, the Lord blessed me once I start to do my Quiet Time on the bus! =)

Blessing #9
This morning's quiet time was about wisdom. I have been praying for wisdom from the Lord in my daily life in all aspects such as school work, ministry and relationship with others. Today, the Lord revealed to me that God's word is the best source of all to gain wisdom and to develop discernment and good judgment. It reminds me that I should start to dwell in God's word in full measure! Then again, need lots of discipline! Really thank God for this sound reminder.

Blessing #10
Took bus home with Remus again and we had some sharing about our ministry in church. He shared with me about his ministries and some interesting stories (near death experiences) which brought our conversation to 'Heaven is so real!' book. I shared with him about some of the fears as I read. He shared that sometimes Christian may have doubts about our faith but we must reject this thought and reassure ourselves with Christ's love. I do not doubt God at all but this really reminded me that whenever there's negative thoughts in me, I shouldn't just reject it but to reassure myself in Christ as well! Another precious lesson learnt! =)

Interesting conversations with Maris Stella boys
Little boy: Do you have a son, if you have, can ask him to join me on Maple.
My colleague: NO?! (My colleague is only 19 year old!)

Little boy: You work in a lab?
Me: Nope (and continue to pour in the solution)
Little boy: Really? But you look like you work in a lab (in a very serious tone!)
Me: Eh? Is it?

Little boy: Mr Remus, you're very handsome, when I grow up I want to be like you.
Remus: (didn't know what was his reply) but he felt rather disturbed after the class.

While teaching on forensic science, we were teaching the boys how to solve a crime case using facial grid lines. The case was about 'The Sun' which is a stolen painting in the museum and this little boy (really little in size) ran up to the front and point at the screen saying, "I know who is the suspect! Suspect 2! *points at the Indian man* He stood too near the sun got Chao Ta! OMGOODNESS! Haha!

I think I'll miss my job! =( Juying Primary next!

No comments: