God. Hard times. Perseverance.
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4
To me, my journey serving God thus far is somehow like a roller coaster ride. Happy times encourages my heart and lift my spirit up. Disappointing and desperating times sets in too, to mould and teach us, or, to remind us to focus on Jesus when we lose our focus.
For the past one month, it has been a lot of work and stress. Many times I broke down. I complained to God. I was so utterly disappointed. Everything weren't going the way I want it to be. I was suffocating and wanted to give up very very much.
But thank God for sustaining me. I've survived that stressful period and saw the rainbow after that storm in my life :) Just like what Jia messaged me after I shared with her;
Sis, please cheer up k? There are days when you mourn but let it not block your eyes to see little blessings that are God-given.
Indeed, there are so many blessings in my life that I didn't see while I was focusing too much on my own problems and stress from ministry work. Praise the Lord for the list of angels in my life in the previous entry! And many many thanksgiving, such as:
My Marketing class, 2M02/Ay0708
They're a lively bunch of people! And many believers in the class as well! :) It's kinda weird when the girls go for lunch together and most of us prayed before our meals. I look forward to know my class more and spend the 2 years of fun together, with lots of God's blessings in our daily lives :)
TPCCC Freshmen Welcome Tea
Many freshies turned up after one month of intensive planning! Though the process was really tough and difficult, disappointing at times. But I thank God for placing friends around me to keep me going during the hard times. As I peeped at the freshies during worship, I was so touched! I realised that all my efforts are worthwhile and I apologised to God for complaining so much and thank Him for allowing me to go through the process. My faith has been stretched! :) Each and everyone of the freshie is a thanksgiving to all of us! :)
In addition, Mum installed aircon in my room and Esther (aka esteeneo) came to my house and bought me a table lamp! Woah. Thank you so much Esther! It was a really pleasent surprise to end off this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment