Monday, April 09, 2007

Meaningful weekend.

Friday - Farewell session for teens girls cell
The girls gathered together early in the morning at MacRitchie Reservoir for a small picnic :) Thank God for the weather that He gave us sun instead of rain, hee. It was quite humid but thank God still, because everything else that happened that morning made up to it.

We had breakfast, worship, reflection (as it was Good Friday) and sharing how God has touched our lives. With tears and a thankful heart, we all thank God for sending Jesus into our lives. I am really touched and thankful as I hear stories, especially from the younger ones. God has the power to change lives, no doubt about that.

Saturday - I shared my testimony with Shujuan! :D
During the farewell session, Esther told us that we should be an opportunist to share with our non christian friends about Good Friday and Easter. Thank God for reminding me through my friend's msn nick because I forgot about it! :p

My FOC friend, Shujuan! She's a non christian and she's reading the bible for fun and asked many questions. I thank God that she was willing to listen to me share about my life testimony and allowed me to answer some questions. Yay! & she said she might be considering going to her friend's church next weekend. Praise the Lord! *big smiles

Sunday - My lovely Sunday School Dancers :) Singin' Nanananananaaa..
I spent the entire day with my lil dancers (8.30am till 4pm) wow. Thank God for the time spent that allowed me to build friendship with each of them. & they finished all my jellybeans :(

Nevertheless, I thank God for giving me this opportunity to be their trainer. It definitely takes a LOT of patience and love for them, to embrace them with love despite their learning ability or how notorious they are. I hope they'll remember me as a trainer who always remind them to smile when they dance :) i think it's etched in their mind already.

Warm up session was so cute! I played the song and we had warm up according to the rhythm and they all sang along! Singin' Nanananananaaa.. After warm up, yiting taught the children Peace (a dance step) and I taught them Cross. Before I showed them the step, I explained to them that Jesus died on the cross for us and they started bombarding me (and i REALLY mean bombarding) with lots of questions.

Why Jesus have to die on the cross?
Where our sin to go?
Our sin go to Jesus? Then isn't he a bad person now?
Why God don't want to give our sin to satan?
Why God don't want to kill Satan?
What satan do?
When we have fever, is it satan's doing?
Why ah why ah why ah why ah.. and it continues.

I tried answering some but questions kept coming in! *note, it's not one after another, they all asked at the same time! I'm quite happy though, that at such a young age, they wanna know and understand. I pray that as they look for answers, they'll remember it in their heart and share with their friends.

All in all, dance practice was great, ending with a birthday song for Islynn! :)

Sunday - being prayed for.
Many youths went up to the front to be prayed for after sermon. I went up with a very simple heart that as I serve God, I wanna put in my best in all things I do and glorify Him (including my studies). Junming and Belinda prayed for me (my mission team mates!) and the prayer they said all answered what I was praying for, not just the pointers, but specifically into my needs and all. Belinda prayed a really long prayer for me that ministered to me so much so much because, the prayer dealt with a problem that has been pulling me down, all the time. I'm greatly blessed. Thank You Lord :)

No comments: