Thursday, November 30, 2006

Even though I'm really tired now, I really wanna thank God for church camp! It was really fun! :D :D It was really a pity that I missed some sessions when I was in school. Anyway, just wanna share with you guys some of the highlights :)

Community Service
The whole camp did community service together on the 2nd day of our camp. I wasn't around to help out in cleaning of the houses but I am really thankful that the Lord gave me this opportunity to have cell group together with the elderly. It was so touching to see all the grandpas and grandmas coming together to worship the Lord. Even though the cell group was really simple, but it brought so much joy to me. We had a time of prayer whereby the youths prayed for them and I'm really thankful for this granny's faith that she wants me to pray for her half paralysed body due to stroke. I shared yeye's testimony to her as well :) I was also very happy to see some of the younger teens to be so helpful and nice to the elderly and try to talk to them despite of their not-so-good mandarin. Thankyou Jesus for this wonderful experience :)

Learning of Mass Dance
Here's a big thankyou to Esther, Sarah, Angie and Eric who helped me out in the mass dance by learning it beforehand. Thankyousomuch! :D :D We had a great time in Joy room! Learning the dance, laughing at each other and saying "opps wrong leg!" or "huh which leg?" along the way. Sarah was really jumpy and hyper I must say, despite the big bruise on her head. Hehehe.

Performance Night
We had something special and fun this time round! All 5 groups had to act out the Good Samaritan with different theme e.g. Bollywood, Chinese Opera, Musical, etc. My group had Chinese Opera as our theme and we really enjoyed the whole process of preparation and also the performance. Thankyou X-Men for your encouragement and guidance on how to sing Opera! And I can't believe that I actually sang in front of people!? Haha yea.

Mass Dance "We're all in this together"
I really thank God for the choreography! Took steps from different dances and thought of some simple steps and put them together. It turned out really well :) I'm really happy that the youths had a great time learning the dance together and dancing it together. Mass dance, not messy dance okie! Hahaha! Heh looking forward to moreeee mass dances in the future :D It's a good platform for us to bond!

The last night
To be frank, this is the first time I really find time in a camp to write encouragement cards to all my fellow brothers and sisters in camp. For the past 2 camps, the only reason why I stay up late would be captain's ball or volleyball :p Well, this time round, I spent the night tog with Shumin and Jiajia writing cards together and do some catching up at the same time! Thomas and Jack were around too and we had a great time talking about our youth ministry and sunday school times :)

Lovely sisters
Through this camp, I had lots of time and opportunities to talk to Angie, Sarah and Esther. I can say that I know them at a slightly deeper level right now :) and also, been spending lots of time with Jiajia doing catching up as well :) I also got to know 2 teen girls, Nellis and Grace, better. Which meets my aim for this camp, to get to know some younger girls better. Hee yay!

For now, I have to study really hard because it's mid sem tests after one more week! Soooo fast! Need to study, so airport will soon be my 2nd hangout place for this period of time. God bless me in my studies! I'm gonna put in effort and do my best!

Ohyesyes! I'm going to the new Ikea to get materials and start doing Christmas gifts :D :D

No comments: