Friday, April 25, 2008

A little test from God. A great lesson learnt.

It was a fruitful Thursday for me.

I had backaches and chest pains ever since the middle of the night. It was so terrible! I knew something was wrong and this backache isn't like the normal backaches I experience. I woke up in the morning (actually I didn't really sleep) to drink some water, thinking it'd make me feel better. Well, it didn't. I end up running to the toilet and vomitted.

It's been ages since I vomitted so badly. Ever since Jie's 21st birthday party when I had stomach flu. So that was 6 years ago! But actually I'm thankful because it really made me feel better after that and had 2 hours of peaceful sleep.

Woke up with a fever but feeling much better as compared. Decided to go to school still as it was the first lesson of the module. School was from 4pm - 7pm, with my appointment with the hairdressor made earlier by Mum at 7.30pm. When I was waiting for bus to get to school, I received Jia's sms telling me she can't make it for worship practice in the evening asking me to inform her about the dance steps. I was shocked :O! I'm on duty?!

Yes, I kept it at the back of my mind that my duty is on the last week of April and not expecting it to come so soon without me realizing it! Still feeling unwell at that moment and knowing I have an appointment in the evening, I replied Jia that I'm not feeling well (was really not feeling well) and I can't make it for practice. Just after I sent her the message, I was thinking, "How can I go for my appointment and not for worship practice!" It reminded me of how easily I can put my interest before God!

I decided that I'd go for worship practice and not go for my haircut in the end, promptly after I replied her message. I thank God I made this decision because He blessed my day so much that I feel so thankful despite feeling really unwell.

Thank God for my CDS (Cross Disciplinary Subject) class because Jasmine and Lionel is in my class! Thank God there's familiar faces however tutor wants us to work with new people. Nevertheless, still thankful :)

Then I headed for my CDS (Leadership and Character)'s lecture alone. As I entered into the lecture hall I was having my "small talk" (dyna! haha!) with God telling Him, "I'm attending lecture alone... :(" and *tap* "Hey Joelle!" Wow, it was one of my marketing coursemate, another Jasmine! :) Thank God! :D We'll be attending lectures together. She's a real nice girl! :D

After lecture, headed to the bus stop and praise the Lord, bus 23 reached the moment I reached the bus stop! :) Must really thank God for this because bus 23 always take really long to arrive! God really understand me :)

Worship practice was alright. Thank God for the time of prayer and worship that the team had before we started the practice. I enjoyed myself despite feeling unwell/hungry (?) because I didn't take lunch and dinner due to no appetite and worried I might vomit again. And! The air con in the main hall was really cold.

The greatest thanksgiving of the day would be having Laksa and Jie coming over to church after their dinner to pick me up after my worship practice! It was a pleasant surprise! Jie called me but I told her it's alright as there's churchmates going back to Tampines with me. Still, they turned up! Really thank God for this little surprise and blessing! :D

Just today was sharing with Jie about God reminding me how easily I can put my interest before Him and she told me, "Good! See, God sent us to pick you up as a reward!"

I'm thankful for this lesson that God has taught me. I really hope I will put Him first in all the things that I do. Just like the prayer I made one day before school reopens, "Help me to hounor You in all I do and find joy through that." :)

No comments: