Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The little things that kept me going :)

There's just so much to thank God for :)

I find that I am in need of God's guidance and grace each day. On Friday night, I was struggling with the different things on my mind. Just felt.. stretched. Really thank God for being a loving Father, knowing my needs and heart desire and led me through my weekend.

I thank God for speaking to me just after sharing with Nic. As I sat down feeling rather overwhelmed, the Lord just spoke so relevantly to me as I pray and read His Word. It's just like God telling me, "You know, you're not alone.." :)

I had dance practice for Mother's Day Celebration Dinner on Saturday morning but I was feeling really tired and relunctant to go for it. To be honest, I really wanted to pull out of this dance event. Feeling stretched. On my way to church was telling God, "Dear Lord, I am so tired.. Need your strength."

(Realised I have small little conversations with God recently!)

As I reached the sub hall (also the dance room), still feeling tired, joined in to learn the steps. As it continues, I just felt this joy in my heart :) As I see the different youth putting in so much effort to learn the steps despite having no dance background, it really encouraged my heart to give my best for this dance event :) Much joy and laughter as we practiced. Thank God for Eric who cheoreographed the dance as well, it's superb! :D

Another thanksgiving that kept me going would be my teen girls cell :) Though they're still young and may not know much about God at a personal level, I really thank God for cell time last Saturday :) The topic for teens service was "God is our Shepherd" and as I led them during cell time, I told God, "Dear Lord.. I have no idea how to continue. Lead me.." I felt prompted to read Psalm 23 once more and amazingly, God really led me in leading the girls :) Words just came and I kept sharing :) What's most encouraging is, the girls actually shared without much prompting from me. They're usually shy and quiet and have nothing to share (which is quite discouraging at times). Really glad and feel happy that they're opening up :)

Here's some of their small little thanksgiving :)
"Thank God for my parents!"
"Thank God for my mum who loves me so much!"
"Thank God for answering my prayer. I am in the school SYF team!"

Like what I told them, thank God for everything in our lives, even small little things. Hope they'll remember this and continue to give thanks to God each week as we gather! :)

One of my girls, gave me a pleasant surprise too. Elissa, turning 12 next week invited me to her birthday party! However I have cell and told her I will try my best. After she left church, she texted me and this is how the message goes: "Hi! I think next week you go and attend your cell group as God is more important than my birthday party ok? Sorry sorry." Wow. Thank you Lord for working in their lives! This sms meant a lot to me :) My prayer is that the Lord will continue to work in their lives in His own way and for me, I hope I can be their big sister to guide and pray for them :)

Also, I want to thank God for my cell group. As I see how each of us desire to be closer to God each day and trusting God for the different things in lives, I am really happy! :) Something that I'm really thankful of would be having a brother telling the cell, "After hearing to (my) mission sharing, I must give thanks for the things in my life." :) He seldom have anything to say during thanksgiving and when this came from him, I'm really thankful and happy for him! :)

I want to thank God for leading me through my dance assessment on Sunday as well! The little blessings He has blessed the dancers as we prepare (sending a sign language teacher to help us when we're struggling with the signs, CD not working but another has the song in her mp3 and more!). I am thankful that I can be partners with Jul as this is her first dance assessment experience! Give thanks for her and her teachable and willing heart.

The weekend ended with me meeting up with my Chiang Mai mission team to pray :) It was nice seeing them again (though I have been meeting a few of them most of the time) and praying together. Even though the prayer and worship session was quite long (+ distractions around as we were praying in open space), I really thank God for the focus I had. I had a very personal time with God, just praying to him :)

Thank you Lord for the wonderful weekend. Indeed, there's so much to be thankful for :)

No comments: