Had a beautiful morning doing QT with my beloved disciple, Dyna! :) Glad that I am able to spend time to share and pray with her during the trip too. I know I have been repeating this for many times, but she has really been a blessing :) We had a worship session led by Dyna and devotion sharing by Cornelyus who talked about our worth in God's eye - we're the apple of His eye :)
.
The team travelled to a nearby town (or was it city?) to get the preparation for our Good Friday Outreach where we're gonna have a BBQ session to bless the villagers. The supermarket there is called TESCO and they have almost everything! (food, snacks, t-shirts, pink bear, dunkin' donuts, etc) Pe Aun and some went to get the food for the night while the rest of us had some free time around the shopping centre (which we all ended up at the supermarket).
.
We had some time to prepare for the outreach where we prepared last minute props, rehearsed the evangelistic skit as well as Give Thanks dance. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank my team for giving me this chance to be able to serve God by teaching all of you how to dance to the song Give Thanks :) It has always been my desire to reach out to the lost through dance and even though I didn't dance during the skit, I was so touched to see all of you dance :) Thank you for putting in effort and worshipping the Lord with the dance :)


Think this was when I reminded them to smile,
just like how I remind my Sunday school dancers :)

Thank God for the villagers who helped out to BBQ the food :) Their kind gesture really blessed us a lot :)

While waiting for the villagers to arrive, we entertained the little ones with some children songs :) Thank God for Jacob Tan! He's really good with kids :) Had a fun time singing and laughing together with the little ones :) We even have Nong Kuk, a 7 year old boy, to translate Thai to English for us :) Thank God for him! When most of the seats are filled up, the team is all ready to start with our programme. Oh yes, the villagers whom we met during village outreach came too! :)


And from Yining's blog:
Our skit was centered around the female protagonist, Poony. She was separated from her parents when she was young and was brought to the orphanage by a kind passerby. Made good friends there, yet was blinded by love and left her best friend to be with the guy of her dreams. However, this guy turned out to be an abusive husband, leaving Poony to sell drugs to support her husband’s drinking problem. Anguished and hurt, she tried to take her life (after prompting by the evil one), and Jesus came and saved her. Yes, these are some of the problems faced in this Khek Noi Village, some women suffer because of abusive husbands who drink and take drugs. Sad reality.
.
Pe Eugene then shared in Thai and had Pe Aun to translate to Hmong about the Love of God.

While the message was going on, all of us prayed really hard for the villagers' hearts to be open to the Lord. Praise God for 12 salvations that night! :)

The most exciting part? The HIV lady went up and received Jesus in her heart that night too! :) Wow. God can really change the hearts of man, amen? :) It's so exciting! Really thank God for His great (mak mak mak mak) Love :) Mak in Thai = Very!
.
Some photos with the little ones :)

Nong Kuk! He came over and hugged me and wanted to tai luk (take picture) with me :)

So cute!

I had a special encounter with the Lord that night too :) There were so many of us serving the villagers and I felt that there's nothing I can do. As much as I really want to talk to the little girls, my Thai is really limited to the max. I was just praying, 'Lord, help me to serve them and share Your love..' and God answered my prayer! :D Amazing. I went over to talk to a few girls (around the age of 12 - 15) and realised that they were holding on to some gospel tracks.
.
Out of curiosity, I just took it from one of the girl and took a look. I started pointing at the loooooong Thai word on the cover page and the girl started reading to me. I flipped open the track and she continued reading. She just kept reading! The track was about the attributes of God and she finished reading 10 attributes of God (which is 20 pages) with verses in it :) As she read, I just kept praying that the Word of the Lord will just speak to her heart and change her life.


Thank God for using me, even just to hold the track, flip the pages and smile at her :) Praise God!
.
Some of my team mates walked the villagers home with our torch lights as it was really dark with the limited street lights. The team then had a thanksgiving session and entered into a time of prayer as well. This verse was shared to the team,
'A son honors his father, and a servant his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?', says the Lord Almighty.
Malachi 2:6
.As I was praying what I received from the Lord was, 'Do you love me? Go and feed my sheep.' As simple as that, 'Do you love me?'. I was reminded it is not about the talents and gifts that I have but whether do I really love the Lord. As simple as that. Yes? Go feed my sheep is what the Lord says. It was a ministering prayer time for me as well. Thank God for that :)
.
The night ended with me bathing with a frog in the bathroom. I really wanted to not bathe that night but I guess that's what the little breakthrough on the first day was for. I bathed with a frog staring at me! Wow. Thank God for Nic, sitting outside the toilet to play and sing my favourite worship songs. Thanks a lot Nic, that really helped :)
.
(More sharings on Children's outing coming up...)
No comments:
Post a Comment