Tuesday, March 17, 2009

When I was 14 years old...

I found some photos taken 6 years back! It was my very first dance duty in church! :) I remember practicing the entire week repeating all the steps just to make sure I get it right and dance it well for God! I stayed up late to iron my costume (which is called the basic white!) and Mummy woke up really early to make up for me. I was only 14 then you see :) Know nuts about make ups! And that's why I always end up with the thickest make up because of my Mummy!

As new dancers are only trained in tambourines, I only had to dance for the fast songs! But during the 9am service, I didn't get to dance at all as the worship leader decided to take away the fast songs and I was sooo disappointed! Finally during the 11am service, I got my chance to dedicate my first dance duty to God! I was trembling I remember! Too nervous or what I can't remember! Here are the evidences (of me dancing, not trembling, if you thought so!):
.
Dancing to the step, "Modified Triumph" :)

.
I look younger here, right?

.
As I type this entry, I am reminded of the worship message during one of the TWM gatherings which reminded all of us to reflect at the time when we first started to serve God. The enthusiasm to serve and the attitude not to take it for granted. This is definitely something worth reflecting and praying about all the time.
.
ps: Jie asked Luke to take photos of me during worship because it was my very first dance duty if I am not wrong! So while I was dancing, I had camera in front of me. Well, though it's kinda weird, but I'm thankful because I have these photos for keeps now! :)

No comments: