One year ago, I was at Thailand with my Gen12ii team mates with Radion. It has been a year! That's really fast! I can still vividly remember the many different things I'm afraid of, yet God gave me courage to overcome them (more specifically, in Thailand) e.g.
.
Sleeping in the dark - I lost my touch light since Day 1 and found it only on the last day!
Bathing with a frog and different types of insects - I was alright with the __ but not the frog!
Being near animals - Some were shocked when I took the initiative to make friends with the village house cat whom we named 'Hope' :)
Being very scared (and still am) of lizards - I still remember... (better not say!)
.
I miss Qiuyun a lot. She sleeps beside me and allows me to sleep near to her when I am afraid. As I am always very tired and knock out while praying and doing QT at the end of the day, I would fall asleep without knowing and wake up in the middle of the night being very afraid because it's pitch dark! I would touch around and look for her hair and feel comforted when I finally found where exactly she was! A few times I woke her up but she has never complained (and Sinyi too)! This is my favourite photo with her during the last night where we stayed up to write cards to one another :)
.

.
The little ones I met during the trip are not forgotten too. Nong Juak, Nong Huat, Nong Mink, Nong Phing, Nong Saa, Nong Suey, Nong Mai, Nong Bao, Nong Kuk and the two little children who left a deep impression in my heart at the refugee camp. As I was doing QT ytd being reminded about the little children in this world, I remembered them in my prayers :)
.
My Project Groupmates!

I wanna meet up with them to have ice cream and do sports soon! This was taken before our Internship and we've all graduated by now. Very soon, Gab and Jam will enlist too! Time passes really quickly! I was still looking at the photos we took - the many ice cream days and late nights we spent in school! Thankful for them.
.
(I will miss) not Nellis (just kidding), but my short hair!

It's growing fast! I need a haircut soon! :) Keeping it short for year 2009!
.
Genuine smiles...
from people and sometimes even from myself. Had a short conversation with Jie and Laksa yesterday about some values and stands in life. Initially I didn't agree with them. However, as I reflected through the night and asking a dear friend for her opinion (was still thinking about it before I slept), I thought what Laksa told me did made sense. Probably sometimes, I also need to realise that I need not be so perfect because I am not. Then again, how about the question that we should be Christ-like? I need to learn to boast in my weakness recognising God is my strength and He makes the imperfect me perfect by His grace :)
.
Don't know if you guys understand what I'm trying to say but that short conversation with Jie and Laksa probably (really) came at a right time.
No comments:
Post a Comment