Sunday, June 22, 2008

Little Blessings from Above :)

Taking a break from Brand Management Individual Journal now. I'm close to about 70% done :) Thank God! :D

As I was doing my assignment, I was just thinking about how God really brought me through the past week. There's just so much so much to thank God for, despite the many ups and downs. This reminded me of a verse I read while reading James on my way to school for project meeting on Thursday:
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Thank you dear God for all the little gifts and blessings you've showered upon me the past week! Thank you again, because you are the everlasting and ever present God who do not change like shifting shadows. Your promise and Your Word is just so assuring :)

The many blessings in my life for the past week:
Thank God for my family! They've given me a lot of moral support the past week.
I thank God for Mummy who brewed herbal tea for because I told her I was having sore throat. When she saw that I was stressed over school work, she bought big packets of potato chips and a big bunch of bananas for me (because bananas helps to destress). She even gave me a hug one morning before I left house for project meeting and told me to "Press on and just do your best."

I thank God for Jie and Laksa to be supporting me in prayers. I like it how I can share with Laksa my troubles and to have him keeping me in prayers. I like it how I can spend time with Jie personally even though it's just a short while. I thank God for their love in practical ways as well. Prayer is definitely one of them and.. they got me a laptop to surprise me! :D They broke the news to me earlier to cheer me up as I was feeling rather stressed up! I don't know if they read my blog, but I just want to say thank you once again. That meant a lot :)

Thank God for funny project groupmates. After adding something to the content page and having to change the numberings one by one, out of (a bit of) frustration, I asked: Is there a faster way to do this?! Jamin answered: Yes. (and for a moment I was excited) Type faster lo. Haha! That made all of us laughed quite a bit!

Thank God for speaking to me through His Word. Thanks to Irene's encouragement to the ST about prayer I started reading James and God spoke to me about wisdom. This is something that I have been asking God for. And there in James it says:
But the wisdom that comes from heaven is the first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.
James 3:17

Oh yes! I just realised that my internship ends on 28th November! Which means, I might be able to go for the Teens Service Learning Trip to Chiang Rai this coming December! Really hope I am able to make it. My dream of returning to Thailand might be coming true ;) Praying for it :)

I'm also thankful to God for Yeye's condition! Visited him and he's looking good! :D He seems to have more strength and he can open both his eyes! What's more? He can hold my hand tightly! As I was worshipping with him in the ward, I remembered how God used worship to change Mare (Host Mother in Khek Noi)'s life. I claimed that for Yeye as well. When I opened my eyes after singing a song, I saw that Yeye had his eyes closed while listening to the songs and opened his eyes after I finish singing :) Wow! I'm excited for Yeye's recovery! :D Strong willed Yeye I've got! Praise the Lord!

It feels so good to thank God! :)
Back to assignments now! Oh yes.. and how can I forget this:
HAPPY 19TH BIRTHDAY YVONNE!
(Miss Jeanne, Marian, Yvonne, Me, Jamin, Estee and Gabriel project group)
Glad to have you in my project group Von! My motivator to finish up my individual assignments :) I'm sure you've had a great birthday! Share with me on Monday! :D

No comments: