I almost couldn't believe my eyes this morning! God is good, all the time! Beyond good! Good is truly an understatement! :)
I was running late for work this morning and despite that, I was totally relunctant to take a cab down as it's really very expensive! As I was walking really quickly to the bus stop, I was praying to God that I want to reach office by 8.45am! In order to do that, I must be able to catch the 8.25am bus at Tanah Merah MRT Station but it was already 8.05am and I'm still on my way (to walk to the bus stop) to take a bus to Simei MRT Station!
I started to plan my route to work! My initial plan was to take bus 12, alight at Singapore Expo and take a cab down to work! In this way, the cab will cost much lesser without the jam from Tampines to Tanah Merah! Having my heart fixed on that, the next thing I saw was bus 12 leaving the bus stop and me stucked at the traffic light with the red man staring at me.
I told God: In this case, I need to have a bus to Simei MRT Station the moment I reach the bus stop! I wasn't demanding it from Him, I was just telling Him my thoughts as I plan the alternative route in my mind. Blessed enough, bus 38 really came the moment I reached the bus stop! :D It seemed like the bus was smiling at me! Haha, I'm serious!
Hoping not to miss any trains, I walked really fast to the MRT Station after alighting from bus 38. Well, I missed it in the end and there I've given up hope to reach office by 8.45am unless I take a cab down, which is quite expensive due to the heavy traffic (with many long vehicles) from Tanah Merah Station to my office building!
So I walked at my usual speed after alighting from Tanah Merah struggling whether to catch the bus at 8.40am reaching office really late or take a cab down. I was telling God: If bus 35 is still at the bus stop, it would really be a big blessing for me! Then somehow, a voice (is it mine or God's?) came telling me: A bigger blessing! If I can hitch a cab ride to office from a colleague, it'll really be a big blessing for me in the morning! Dream on! you'd say, right?
It's pretty weird! Somehow, I knew in my heart that I will share this experience as a thanksgiving! I don't know how to explain! There, me in my daydream mode, I walked to the bus stop and finally convinced myself: Yes, the bus you need to catch has left. Looking at my watch, the crowd and the weather, I find myself walking towards the taxi stand :(
Okay, congratulations! Here's the highlight of the whole thanksgiving entry! Sorry I know I'm a little long winded! :p So yes! I really saw one of my level colleague! In my heart I was like: Is this for REAL? :O! Then he said, "Come, let's share a cab!" :) Wow, amazing isn't it! :D He paid for the cab fare and assured me not to worry about it! Really thank God for this supersized blessing early in the morning!!! :D
Dear friends, really encourage all of you to engage in constant daily conversation with God! It makes your life more interesting and assuring because our God is a humourous and loving God! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment