
Last Saturday, the teens ministry got to watch this film, You are Special, by Max Lucado for our service. It was my third time watching it but God planted a brand new message in my heart!
.
During cell group, I had my girls share with me their favourite verses from the Little Blue Identity Card in Christ. Knowing that no one would want to share, I told them that it's okay to just share their favourite verses without explaining. Glad that they all shared. Taking little steps, hope to prompt them to explain next time! :)
.
After which, I wanted them to understand better, to truly grasp the love of God despite at their young age. I wanted to bring across the point that God is our Creator and we were never mistakes! I decided to share with my girls my personal testimony.
.
"The first time I met my Dad was when I was 13 years old, your age!"
Their eyes widened.
I felt a stir in my heart as I continue to share.
"Many a times, I thought I was a mistake, until I truly comprehend the love of God."
"Remember what Eli said in the film? I never make mistakes."
I felt tears in my eyes. It was God speaking to my heart.
.
"Yes my dear, I never make mistakes."
That was so assuring. As I grow older, I come to understand different emotions, emotions I don't seem to be able to comprehend when I was much younger. Many whys I've asked the Lord. However, I know that at the end of the day, I must remember to run back to the real source of Love, to understand that His ways and thoughts are higher than ours and in all things God works for the good for those who loves Him.
.
Though I have an incomplete family without my Dad around with us,
I am assured to know that I am Complete in Christ.
.
Thank you God! Great time at prayer meeting tonight!
3 comments:
Hi Huilin/Joelle,
Everytime I read your blog, I always feel so refresh and joyful. You have indeed a "contagious joyful" life! As I think back the "not-so-xxx" girl (haha... xxx? Well... doesn't matter, it's already in the past) when you were younger and the person you are now, I really thank God for molding you and your obedience in the molding process.
Yes, Abba Father NEVER make mistakes. You are wonderfully made and complete in Christ who gave His life for you and me...
Blessings...
Junhui
Always so nice to see you leaving footprints on my blog as well! :) Yea, I'm thankful to God for who I am in Him today :)
Of course, having such a dedicated youth pastor like you plays a part too! God bless you dear brother!
Thankful,
Huilin Jr!
hee hee! You are most welcome! :)
Post a Comment