Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Support Raising Part I

I went back to school today to print my newsletter because I thought it would be cheaper if I were to get them printed in colours. Worked out my budget and the numbers of coloured and black and white copies. All excited to start my support raising.
.
But I end up wasting $7.20 printing nothing! =( Firstly, I thought there would be no crowd but I was wrong, there were project submissions going on. (!!!) Imagine the crowd and the tense inside the printing shop. When it was my turn, I printed 20 coloured copies and waited for my newsletter to be ready in excitment but as I check the quality of the colour at the 6th copy, I realised the alignment of the newsletter went haywire! My mouth just went =O. Cancelled job and paid up $6.40.
.
Still =O, I decided to go to another printing shop at Engineering School to print, in hope that the crowd would be lesser. I tell you again, I was wrong. What's wrong with TP having projects due on CNY Eve? Haha. I Q-ed for more than 10minutes. And when it was finally my turn, the document had some problem so I had to close the file and open the file x 100 (Okay I'm kidding, I think 5 times) and a guy behind me just went, "TSK!" I =O even bigger! But okay, I can understand his situation, his project has to be submitted that day. Chill chill. I decided to minimize the risk in case the same tragedy happen to me again. I printed one coloured copy. And... the same thing happened! Paid up $0.80.
.
I was so disappointed, frustrated and irritated. I went back school just to print but it failed! =( Bought myself a slurpee before I head home for reunion lunch to cool myself down.
.
And at the end of the day, I found out the root problem: I should open and print with Adobe file instead of Word file. Just downloaded it and now I can view my newsletter nicely with no alignment problem. I ought to thank God that I found the root problem, at least I'm sure my newsletter would be out nicely the next time I print in school, hopefully, with no last minute project printing crowd.

Here's the very nice newsletter done up my our team reporter, Corny!

No comments: