"Huiyu told me that you rebonded your hair and you look great." -Cher
Btw, Huiyu is a secondary school friend of mine.
And! I didn't rebond my hair. (It's naturally straight)
Anyways that's not the point. I'm happy when I heard this comment. But does this kind of comments defines who I am?
And so I'll share more about the youth rally at Fire Conference today. :)
Does our looks/hairstyles/material stuffs define us?
It's good to look good but that does not define us.
The things that we do, somehow, defines us.
We do things that we feel can define us and make us feel good, but none actually define who we are.
You may ask, "What is it then?"
And many may have this thought, "Fire Conference, the right answer must be Jesus loh."
We may have lots of fun and laughters when we are with our friends.
We may have everything that we want, everything that we eye for at shopping malls.
We may have our own boyfriend/girlfriend.
But is there this emptiness inside you?
I'm proud to declare that I've filled that emptiness of mine. :))
Christian. Is it just a name? A status?
To me, it's a personal relationship and a lifestyle.
Jesus Christ should define us. His impact inside shows it outside.
We are strong in Jesus and it is a new found identity.
We are different and we are able to do something different.
Have confidence in Jesus and allow Him to work in our lives!
And not allowing others to define who we are.
The message helped me solve a big problem, totally!
I'm a happy girl now. :))
Later on the evangelist talked about a bible character, Jonathan (Not Mr Babab!)
1Sam 14
Key verse: v6
How deep he knows God and how he trusted Him.
His initiative is something I need to learn.
"We always wait for the kick at our backside before we do anything."
Anyways visited my yeye after the conference. *Sigh* It aches my heart. All I can do is, pray. :(
Btw, thanks yang for driving me home! Totally appreciate it, no long bus ride home!
No comments:
Post a Comment